...because we all have our motley moments!


Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's So Easy

This week has been a week.


It all started on Saturday when our two week old computer went on the fritz. I just wanted the computer to turn on and function without spontaneously showing us the blue screen of death. After seeing that blue screen one too many times, I called technical support - everything needed to be replaced.


And then Monday. Oh Monday - the air conditioner died. That may not be bad for all of you, but here in Central Florida, that meant we were sitting in a blistering sauna in our house.


All of these things dying led me to look up at my wall, where my great grandmother's washboard hangs. This is the actual washboard she used.



If my great grandmother could live without air conditioning, a washing machine, dryer, computer (the list could go on), I could survive a few days without wallowing in self-pity.

I'll be sure to not take these luxuries for granted.

No comments: