This is late because I had a long day. I packed my son off to preschool this morning and when he got home his temperature was 101.4. He has been sick off and on for about a month, so I finally took him to the doctor, who diagnosed an ear infection. Then my husband and I had a meeting with a CPA and we were supposed to go to a meeting at church at 6, but by the time we sat in line at Walgreens for Ethan's antibiotics, it was nearly 6:30, so we blew off the meeting and went to Romeo's instead. We were punished for this by being seated near a group of 17 retirees who were drinking lots of beer and wine and who had obviously started losing their hearing. At least the food was good. I haven't slept all week and I can barely remember my name, so for this blog I am going to continue my list. Without further ado, 21-40 of The Things You Might Not (Want to) Know About Me:
21. I am allergic to dust. So much so that I have to wear a mask when (if) I dust my house.
22. I love Eminem. I can't help it. He is a lyrical genius. I will concede that he uses his powers for evil instead of good, but he is still incredibly talented.
23. I have the same sense of humor as my 16-year-old nephew. I'm not really sure what this says about me.
24. I have a cat named Dakota. Dakota is very special. He was a stray and he stayed hidden for the first 2 weeks I had him. Now he curls up on the couch with me every night and he adores my son.
25. I have owned 8 cars in my life. Not at the same time.
26. I have 50 episodes of "The Backyardigans" recorded on my DVR.
27. I've seen every episode of "Friends" at least once.
28. Lake Wales is the largest city I have ever lived in. It's also the place I've lived in the longest.
29. I moved to Lake Wales to attend Warner Southern College (now Warner University!), from where I graduated.
30. When I got my first degree black belt, I broke 3 cement blocks with my elbow. It hurt.
31. I have been mountain biking in Florida, Alabama, Colorado, and Alberta, Canada.
32. I have an irrational fear of water. Once my friend and I went to Typhoon Lagoon and she swam across the lagoon to see the coral reef underneath and I stood at the edge, paralyzed with fear. It's 18 feet deep. I couldn't do it.
33. I hate shopping, but if I have to go, my favorite store is The Gap.
34. One of my favorite things to do it stay in a hotel, wear the robe, turn the A/C down real low, lay in bed, and watch TV.
35. I am not superstitious, except when it comes to Alabama football. For instance, this morning at preschool I was talking smack to a Gator fan about the SEC championship game. I am actually afraid I have ruined their perfect season. If they lose to LSU Saturday, it's my fault.
36. I love to mow. I fight with my husband over who gets to mow the yard.
37. I hate Wal-Mart. Hate it. I try to go to Target a couple of times a month so I don't have to go to Wal-Mart. If Wal-Mart burned down, I would dance on the ashes.
38. I met my husband at tae kwon do. In class he would kick my ponytail. My roommate informed me that this was his way of flirting, but I still thought he would never ask me out. Obviously, he did :).
39. Right after college, I went on a road trip with my grandparents from Alabama to San Diego, California. Longest. Trip. Ever.
40. I have bad luck with cell phones. My last one fell in the pool. Okay, I dropped it. On purpose. Long story. The one before that Ethan threw in Publix and it broke. Before that, I dropped one in Wal-Mart and it broke. Now I have an iPhone and I am very, very careful.