Tomorrow marks the end of my vacation time. Yes, public school gets out tomorrow and my vacation time ends and my kids' vacation begins.
How are we going to survive, I mean thrive this summer? Well, it'll be a collage of home time, swimming lessons, play dates, Cypress Gardens, Kids at College, art classes and maybe even gymnastics classes. I am hoping to get through those Bridges workbooks and maybe even teach them some spanish.
I am going back and forth on being excited and hopeful to being overwhelmed and negative about the summer. My goal is to keep them busy, but not too busy because I want to enjoy this time with them. When my life gets too pressured it makes it hard for me to be patient and kind and all the things I want to be as a Mom.
The following list is what I hope to accomplish.
Top 5 Things I hope to accomplish this summer:
1) Make reading a priority every day. I would like to have a reading time for myself and the girls. We have started the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on my Kindle and the girls really love the story. I have even loved reading it to them. Great book! I hope to finish it by the end of summer with them. I also want to read my Bible more.
2) Be patient and kind. This is a hard one for me when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere. It's something I really need to work on. If I'm tired, late and irritated, it gets ugly. So, I am going to try to leave myself plenty of time to get to places and finish things.
3) Plan memorable family times. I want to plan visits to family and create some memories for the girls with their cousins. Also, play with the girls. I mean REALLY play. Just cut-up and have fun with them. I want them to see my fun side most of the time.
4) Exercise! I am now enjoying some exercise classes at the YMCA. I plan on going 3-4 days a week to keep my heart strong and muscles toned. Very therapeutic.
5) Spend some time with hubby. We are going to a marriage conference in June to learn the basics of what it takes to have a great marriage. Where else do you get to learn these things? It'll be a nice weekend away from the kids and I hope it'll strengthen the great marriage I already have.
Well, that's it. I know August will be here before we know it. Hope everyone has a great summer! Do you have any goals to reach this summer?