...because we all have our motley moments!


Sunday, June 21, 2009

Meet my Motley Better Half!

Happy Father's Day! This is one of my favorite pictures of my Hubby and son, I thought I'd share it with you!



I also thought that since it is Father's Day, I would post about my hubby. Here are some random facts about my Motley Man!

1. He has a very witty and subtle sense of humor. For Example: We were visiting my sister, her hubby (We will call him P) and kids 2 years ago. We had so much fun visiting! P is very particular about keeping the house clean and likes to have things in order. Karly and P have a cute wooden sign on their fireplace mantel in the shape of the letters RELAX. My Motley Man would flip it so that it was backwards (Don't miss the irony of him flipping the RELAX sign) Not saying a word P would later flip it back... this happened several times over the 4 days that we were there, all the while P did not know that My Motley man was playing with him. It cracked him up!

2. He is from a small town (pop. 891). And it is true you can take the boy out of the small town, but you can't take the small town outta of the boy.

3. One of his favorite restaurants to eat at is Dairy Queen... that was one of the only places to eat at in his small town (see # 2)

4. His favorite food is ice cream. Mint chocolate chip to be exact, but when it comes to ice cream he is not picky!

5. He is very competitive. We used to play cribbage until I started to win too much, so he had to come up with another game to beat me at.

6. He is the Idea Man. He has all these grand ideas of projects to do to our house and yard that will add value and charm. Most of his ideas cost A LOT of money! For example, he wants to excavate our hill in our yard to make room for a pirate ship swingset complete with a plank to walk off into our pool. Sure, it would be Awesome... but $$$$!

7. He is a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) so that means that he is very detail oriented, and very cautious with our money.

8. He is a very involved Dad. Sometimes he is more excited about the toy than our son!

9. He LOVES Movies. He thinks that he is Jason Bourne when he drives, James Bond when we travel, and Hitch when it come to being romantic!

10. He is a loving husband and father! I am so lucky to have him! Happy 1st Father's Day Honey!

Tell us about your Motley Man!

3 comments:

Liz said...

That is such a sweet picture! It would take me hours to go on about how great my man is, so I'll spare you all. ;)

Pam said...

Congratulations to your hubby on his first Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to all the Motley Dads :)

Lindsay said...

I have the greatest hubby too! Isn't it nice having a loving Godly husband? I mean really so many women choose the "wrong guy" who treats them unfairly or even worse beats them. Yet so many of us our blessed with trully wonderful loving caring husbands.

So God Bless our hubbies on Father's Day!