...because we all have our motley moments!


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Taking a Day Off

I'm taking the day off today. OK, so what I'm actually doing is taking the morning while my little guy is at school and not going to exercise class. Don't get me wrong, exercise is important to me, and I do enjoy going, but it's such a rush to get him to school and then get me to the gym before all of the good weights are gone, and then I'm rushing afterward to run errands before he is dismissed, and it's a pretty hectic morning. Today, I'm going to finish my coffee (that almost never happens), run my errands in jeans instead of spandex, and take a few minutes to smell the metaphorical roses. I'll go back to class tomorrow, and probably every day for the rest of my life, but today I'm just gonna chill for a while.

Isn't it funny how the simplest things in life can make us feel so much better? What do you do when you have a few stolen moments for yourself? Give us some ideas, and then go do something for yourself today--you have the MM stamp of approval!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'll let you know what I do with my time when I actually have some. When you have one if 1st grade, one in preschool, and one at home, you are never by yourself. Going to the gym is the only time I actually get an hour to myself. :(

Donna said...

I hope you enjoyed your morning, cause I totally intruded (with my kids!) on your afternoon! Thanks so much for helping me out. You really helped lessen some stress in a stressful situation. :)