...because we all have our motley moments!


Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Family's Evolution

As a child, I often heard "you are so much like your mother."

I remember I used to cringe at that statement. Now I am proud to say I am like my mother. There are so many beautiful characteristics, little personality traits, that I eagerly credit to my mom!

These characteristics, the ones that used to be a source of conflict, are now a source of unity. These little personality traits are what can leave us doubled over with laughter after spending the morning together.

Not a visit goes by that my mom and I don't sit at the sewing machine together, discussing quilt patterns and color schemes. Being like ones parent is not limited to just me and my mom. Each time I hear my husband on the phone with his father, I hear tidbits of an engineering conversation going on. I walk away with a smile on my face seeing personalities that used to conflict now in unison.

My husband and I already see little familiar quirks in our children. It will be an adventure to see what conflicts will evolve into unity in our family's future.