...because we all have our motley moments!


Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gifts

I'm in the middle of wrapping gifts. Feverishly. My kids are in school and I need to pick them up soon!

Why am I wrapping so early in December? Well, we're going away on a family trip in a couple of weeks and we'll be back right before Christmas. I need to get things wrapped up literally or else I'll be a basket case come Christmas week.

Thus...

Christmas Baskets! I love 'em. The adults in our family are each getting one personalized to their tastes. Who doesn't like to eat a yummy snack? I know I do! Each basket contains things like Nutella (YUM!), fancy tea, yummy cookies, jelly, cheese, etc... plus a little something that I know that person will love.

The Dollar Store was a BIG help. These baskets are only $1 and you can even get those wrapping bags and ribbon there too! I think I spent at least an hour perusing the aisles for cute things and totally found some.
Well, gotta go now. Bye!

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Maria, I love the personalized basket idea! I have been trying to come up with a creative way to do gifts for the grandparents this year, and I think this is it! I may be stealing this from you. It sounds perfect to put together a lot of little, but thoughtful things together. We can't spend a lot this year, so it helps to make it look like more. I hope that you have a great trip!

Rachel said...

Maria, I don't think I ever mentioned this, but I believe we are distantly related. Can I have one of your baskets now?? :)

Very beautiful baskets, and what a great post! Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

I've done baskets in the past, but always felt like I spent a lot on each basket once I added it all up. This year I'm thinkin' handmade is the way to go to save the moola...of course, I'm not leaving town anytime soon, so I have more time to spend than money!!!

Basket looks great, Maria!

Maria said...

Thanks guys! I appreciate your input. The baskets are a new thing this year. I sure hope they go over well this year. HO HO HO!