...because we all have our motley moments!


Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas, Y'all!

Last night my husband and I did something really cool, something I hope we'll continue to do each year. (Don't worry - I'm not about to get inappropriate.) After we got all the kids' stuff set up, we opened our presents from each other. We knew that today we'd be focused on the kids and that they're too young to notice if we open gifts ourselves, so we took some time to just be together. We turned off the TV and I even put away my computer and iPhone (big deal for me, as I'm obsessed with both). We sat on the couch and took turns giving each other gifts. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it was lovely. The only problem was that I was so keyed up over getting a new set of kitchen knives (sharp German knives!!!) that I could barely sleep. I seriously wanted to go chop up some vegetables. I will probably blog soon about losing a finger, but I'm still excited about them. 
I have thoroughly enjoyed blogging with you all this year and getting to know each one of you a little better. I hope we can continue to share our mothering and other experiences together. God bless you, every one!

1 comment:

Donna said...

That sounds like a really nice tradition, Liz! We got to bed around 1:30 AM on Christmas Eve night...why do we do this to ourselves?!!!

Hope your Christmas Day celebration was lovely!