...because we all have our motley moments!


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Panic Attack

I am in full-blown panic attack mode. Last week I was in Wal-Mart and I saw several people with carts full of wrapping paper, bows, etc. and I thought to myself, "Should I be worried that I have none of that stuff in my cart?" Apparently, I should have been. All my Christmas decorations are up and I don't do much more cooking at Christmas than I do during the rest of the year (although I did make some kick-A peanut butter kisses for MOPS - thanks Pam!), but I need some presents. I have bought like 2 minor gifts for my husband, but that's it. I'm making a special photo/ handprint gift for my sister-in-law that I haven't even started on yet. I have nothing for my mother-in-law, nephew, or my kids. I have no wrapping paper! I have no bows! I keep forgetting to get my kids to do the Advent calendar for the day! Worst of all, my mother is coming here on Saturday. I will spare you the anxiety that strikes within me and save the worst of it for my therapist. However, I will tell you that I should have her gift. I need it so I can give it to her on Saturday because that is the only time I will see her during the holidays. I also need to get my grandmother's gift so my mom can take it to her when she goes to Alabama for Christmas. When am I going to do this? What am I going to get them?! Have I mentioned I'm freaking out? 

*Breathe*

Okay, I'm better now. This year I am trying not to worry about things that don't matter, such as buying the perfect gift for someone who returns most of her gifts anyway or baking cookies that my husband and I don't need to eat. I have a beautiful LIVE tree. I have a beautiful wreath for my front door. The family togetherness has been planned and I am happy with the arrangement. Christmas isn't about gifts, anyway, except for God's perfect gift, His Son, Jesus. And I have a little boy who, when we told him the other night that we were going to drive around and see Christmas lights, lit up like our tree and said, "Oh, cool!"

6 comments:

Donna said...

Last year Walmart had those scrapbook calendars for about $5 that you could just stick your own pictures into for each month and call it done. It makes a great gift for grandmas (and great-gmas!) if you just do a bunch of cute pics of your kids. Super easy, and they get to enjoy pictures of your little ones all year long.

Liz said...

Hmmmm, thanks for the idea. I like it!

Anonymous said...

What did you get me???

:o)

Bryssy said...

Thank you Liz for joining the freak out bandwagon.

Big Lots has a very cute desk calendar for 2009 that you can add your own pictures to for $2 each. Be careful, there are ones for 2008mixed in. I was there yesterday and they still had a ton. All of our extended family is gettng them from us this year.

I picked out 12 pictures of our kids, did photo editing, and had enough copies printed of each one that I could slap like 15 of those suckers together in about an hour.

And if you want someone to freak out with, come on over. I have been drinking a lot of "special" hot chocolate that was recommended to me and have been feeling much better!!

Bryssy said...

These Merry Soaps are easy, too. Check out Schlosser Designs

http://schlosserdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/12/merry-soaps.html

for the printable and directions.

Very cute.

Liz said...

Thank you so much for the gift ideas, Donna and Bryssy! I would love some of that "special" hot chocolate sometime :). And Todd ("anonymous"), I am NOT telling what I got you!