...because we all have our motley moments!


Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Made My Day

Something really little made my day last weekend.

I'll start from the beginning. A couple weeks ago while shopping at my other home (Walmart), I spotted in the deep, dark reaches of the handbag display a super cute handbag. After brushing the dustbunnies off of one, I realized how a gold-digger from the past must have felt as he panned a bunch of rocks and found a golden nugget. I was so excited about this bag! It was cute and cheap - my kind of bag!

Well, I thought it was so cute that I went back and bought one for a friend's birthday. She loved it too! I figured that was the end of that.

Much to my surprise, when going out to dinner with family, a woman stopped me in my tracks. As I walked past her and her group of friends, she said "Excuse me, can I ask you where you bought that FAAABulous bag? Is it Pucci? Maybe another designer? I just love it!". After I realized she wasn't making fun of me and she was serious, I told her, "Actually, I bought it at Walmart.". I didn't have the heart to tell her I bought it for nine dollars.

Wow! I now owned a designer looking bag without even trying to! Don't get me wrong. I love nice handbags. I admire them on the shoulders of other people. It's just that I don't want to spend the money for one.

Anyway, don't you just love a deal? I gotta go now. I'm going to Walmart to see if they have any more of them.

4 comments:

Donna said...

FAAAAABulous, Maria! SIMPLY FAAAAABULOUS!

I love a good deal! I have been known to recite the location and price of my "finds"--without being asked--like it's a conquest...Walmart...9 bucks...heh, heh, heh. Ah'l be bach! (a typed Schwartzenegger impression)

Maria said...

I just KNEW you would appreciate this story from so many angles! I think YOU are FAAAAABulous Daaaaaling!

Ticia said...

Awesome! you must have very good taste.
I also won't spend a fortune on a purse -one because I am cheap two because I will want a new one in a month! Leticia

Maria said...

Thanks Ticia! I hear ya. By the way, my cousin's name is Leticia and we call her Leti. Maria