...because we all have our motley moments!


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Office

My responsibilities include the accounting, strategic planning, and maintenance of our small corporation. Although I work from home, I can usually be reached at my satellite office or by email. My hours are flexible but I'm always on-call.

Who am I? A Mom. Mommy. Mother. Mama. The Big M.
Sometimes I feel like Pam in the show The Office, except she keeps her desk neater than I do. She's the glue that keeps everything together.

My satellite office is my Chevy Tahoe. It's equipped with everything I might need. My beloved Bluetooth, phone chargers, GPS, pen, paper, notecards, snacks, extra clothes, wipes, sunscreen and bug spray. It's where I make my important calls.

Let me tell you a little something about Bluetooth. It has made it sooooo much easier to talk and drive with two hands, carry in groceries, do the wash, etc. It is one of the best Mommy tools out there. For about $60, you can save yourself a lot of hassle and in some states, a police ticket while driving as you are talking on the phone.

I am guaranteed virtual silence as I drive. While I make my calls, my kids usually watch a video (highly educational of course!) with their headsets on. They are seatbelted in and not going anywhere. They are happy and I am happy that they are happy.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Whatever works, right?!

Karly said...

I love the picture of Pam! Totally you Maria! I always love talking to you while I am in "The Office." I love my bluetooth too, when it's charged. It's a MUST for a mother of three (since it is illegal in our state to talk on a hand-held cell phone while driving).