...because we all have our motley moments!


Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fast and Easy

No. I'm not talking about myself.

Actually, if you are like me, then you must like to cook fast and easy things. The best is if you can find a great, easy recipe that can feed a whole bunch of people at once without breaking the bank.

I recently made this when I had a friend over with her kids. The kids actually helped me make it and it came out delicious! It is so easy and so yummy!

Maria's Baked Ziti

INGREDIENTS
1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
32 ounces part-skim Polly-O ricotta cheese (whatever the big size carton is)
1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
2 eggs, beaten (I use cage-free eggs)
1 1/2 jars (use the big, 3 lb. jars) spaghetti sauce (I like Prego Chunky Garden)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

In a medium bowl, mix ziti, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs and 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.
Lightly grease a 10' x 15" pyrex baking dish and spoon in ziti mixture. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce, followed by Parmesan cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes; let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
That's it!

Pair it up with a healthy salad and garlic bread and you now have a beautiful meal completed.

By the way, I got a version of this recipe (and most of my other recipes) from http://www.allrecipes.com/. Donna, I think you told me about this site -thank you! You can save your favorites in your very own online recipe box. I love it!

Happy cooking!

5 comments:

Donna said...

That sounds really yummy, Maria! And I LOVE allrecipes.com...it's a great resource when I don't feel like sifting through all my cookbooks for a recipe to use with a specific ingredient. If I need a recipe that includes lentils, I can just type in "lentils" and view the top-rated ones. Regular home cooks rate these recipes for ease of cooking and results. It's great!

Thanks for sharing your ziti recipe. I'll have to try that one!

Pam said...

Mmm. Sounds delicious!

Liz said...

Ok, Maria, the first line of this cracked me up! The ziti sounds delicious! I'll have to try it.

Karly said...

I am always looking for fast and easy recipes! Thanks! This one sounds yummy! I will definitely try it!

I do miss the days when I would stop by your house and you would give me all your yummy leftovers!

I don't think they would taste as good shipped through the mail!

Carrie said...

I made this last night for our family Valentine's "date!" Delicious!

C ;)