...because we all have our motley moments!


Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Movie Review

I love to escape.
Really I do.
I used to escape by drinking when I went out with friends. Now, I still love to go out with friends, but I've ditched the drinking part. It leads to too much baggage for me.

Another way to escape reality for a while is to watch a movie. It's so fun! I also love to read, but sometimes you just want to be entertained visually, you know?

Well, Mark and I have found a series of movies that we really like. The "Love Comes Softly"series.

I believe there are 6 movies so far and they are based on the books of the same name penned by Janette Oke. The director is Michael Landon, Jr., the son of Michael Landon from "Little House on the Prarie". Katherine Heigl is featured in the first movie of the series.

A movie review I read : These movies have that "Little House on the Prarie" feeling yet they conquer some serious challenges in the lives of the Davis family. The family seeks God to guide them in their decisions as well as comfort them in their times of distress and tragedy.

If you live in Lake Wales, the Blockbuster here has all of them except the 5th one (the 5th one is at the Blockbuster on Cypress Gardens Blvd). Movies 1 thru 4 are in the 99 cent section (as of a few weeks ago) and the 6th one may still be a new release.

These are the titles:
1) Love Comes Softly
2) Love's Enduring Promise
3) Love's Long Journey
4) Love's Abiding Joy
5) Love's Unending Legacy
6) Love's Unfolding Dream

Well, let me know if you know of any other great family movies. "Fireproof", "The Ultimate Gift" and "Facing the Giants" are well worth watching as well.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love movies, too. Thanks for the recommendations.

Sherrie said...

We loved Fireproof, the ultimate gift and facing the giants! It is nice to watch a movie that is uplifting and valuing life. So many movies are the opposite. Thanks for the series recommendation. It is nice to find a series to follow!

Karly said...

If you haven't seen "Slumdog Millionaire", you really should. There are some parts that are pretty brutal and hard to watch, but it is an amazing redemptive story about the power of love.

I couldn't help but compare it to God's relentless pursuit of us, and the lengths He went to to be reunited with us. And how He is still pursuing us with His love everyday.

It's a powerful movie! Oh, and it won Best Picture, in case you hadn't heard. :)