...because we all have our motley moments!


Monday, February 16, 2009

It Just Got Personal

If you didn't know, my family moved to Florida in August from a small, close-knit town in Illinois. Today our town is grieving a terrible loss. Last week, two of our Illinois National Guard soldiers were killed in Afghanistan. One of the soldiers was from our town. He was a Christian, husband, father, son, brother, uncle, solider, student, friend and co-worker. Our town has only 1,000 people, so everybody knows everybody, and everybody is deeply affected by this loss. My thoughts are with my friends today. I can't stop thinking about them. By the grace of God, they will make it through this time together.

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
~ 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

1 comment:

Maria said...

I just read this. All I can say is that I'm so sorry that it happened. Thinking of you...