...because we all have our motley moments!


Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Nest


Many of you have been to my big 'ole house. In fact, I have admitted many times to just closing doors to clean rooms (okay, the dirty ones, too - have any of you been upstairs? No? Wonder no more!) and not letting anyone in if we are having company. Sad, but true. In the last year I have just been too busy with a new baby and 2 jobs to work on our nest. Ladies, these days have come to an end!


In the last month, I have been sorting out my ideas files (I have a file for each room in the house and when I find something I like in a magazine or catalog, I file it so I can find it later) and am ready. I think I am ready, at least.

In the next couple months (probably it will take all summer) I am going to attack the master bedroom. It's a huge room facing north with a lot of light. We have a king bed and a hodgepodge of furniture. White walls. Sheer curtains. It's totally uninspired. We have a baby swing for KOTJ. A book shelf crammed with books for all of us, kids included. Wooden, dark stained floors. A bunch of laundry baskets. A recliner, for when I couldn't sleep laying down while pregnant with KOTJ, now piled with clothes. Other junk. It has taken me 5 years of living here to figure it out...and I finally have a plan.

We spend a lot of time in this room. We all sleep here, but it's also where I sort the laundry, fold the clothes, dress everyone most of the time, read many books and magazines, etc. Lots of junk gets dragged in.

So, before I start buying fabric like crazy, any ideas? I need as much help as I can get with this one! BTW, Design Mom is hosting "Ask Design Mom" week. If you need inspiration for your nest get on over there, she is great!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I don't have any advice or great ideas except do one room at a time and break it up into sections.

Hope it goes well!