...because we all have our motley moments!


Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day!

Today is my FIRST mother's day as a mom! FINALLY!

Last year I refused to go to church. I could not handle the service where they ask all the mom's to stand up and everyone gives them applause. They give the mom's roses and say a nice prayers. Yes- in the prayer they do mention those who would like to be a mom but are unable, but it is too little too late at that point. In some ways I agree with Pam, church should just ignore the day. Also, for the last few years, Mother's Day meant more questions about when I was going to have kids... all the more heartbreaking for a woman who wants a child but cannot have one... Please remember these women today as it is one of the hardest days of the year for them. Say an extra prayer for them today!

But THIS year is different! Bring on the flowers, cards and pampering. I am a MOM!

The thing I am most looking forward to on Mother's Day is a little silly. Every year I have to think of some gift to get my mom and MIL. I always thought that my sibling had an easier job. They just had to wrap up something with their child's picture on it and that was a hit! So THIS year I am looking forward to giving my gift to my mom and MIL and watching their eyes light up with a gift with MY child's picture on it!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Hey Fawnda,

I hope your first mother's day is wonderful!

Lindsay said...

Happy first Mother's day. I hope it was a great one!!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Thanks Ladies! It was great!
I can honestly say that I LOVE being a mom!

Karly said...

Happy First Mommy's Day, Sis!! Truly a day to celebrate!! Love you!

Maria said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!