...because we all have our motley moments!


Monday, July 6, 2009

Good Morning!

Well, first of all, you might notice that this post is a little too late for the morning. Our computer is tucked safely away in a storage unit, so I have to use my mom's dinosaur-like computer (Is this a Commodore 64?) to check my email and post on my blogs. I recently read Amy Grant's book, Mosaic. I have always loved her music, and I really enjoyed reading about her life. In her book, she says she greets each day by going outside no matter what the temperature, and says, "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." She said that sometimes it takes a few repetitions for her to actually be ready to start the day. She then says the Lord's prayer. I am thinking of copying this idea. Currently, I start each day by praying that I can be nice to my family, and most days I pray for energy to get out of bed. For some reason, having a child has really cut into my sleep. I am sure some of you might know what I am talking about. So, what do you do to start your day?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm like you. I have to pray for strength to get out of bed, and for peace and calm in my house, and for my attitude towards the kids (one in particular). I really notice a difference on the days I DON'T pray for peace in our home.

Lindsay said...

I like Amy Grant's idea, sounds like a great way to start the day. I too start the day with a prayer, that I can have a gentle spirit with my kids and remain positive as much as possible.

My SIL starts her morning with a devotion with her 3 kids (10, 9, and 7) and I always thought that was a great idea. As they get older I will work that into our schedule.