...because we all have our motley moments!


Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Right Now

(This is a little snapshot of what's on my mind right now)

Right now, I am taking a Mommy Break. Nothing exciting has happened today. It's been day filled with errands and minutia.

I have spent the last two and half hours in the kitchen. My feet are sore. I figured I'd go on the offensive right when we walked in the door from a day of errands. I set out some paints and got the kids busy while I made vanilla/cherry/banana smoothies. Since it was storming outside this went quite nicely. I'm even used to the inevitable spilling of the watercolors water and explosion of finger paints. I just threw the $1 tablecloth away. It was worth not having to clean it. I figured that I was worth at least $1.



Now I sit typing while the dog is in hiding from the last hour of torture/pretend playing with the kids. The kids are playing "ballet" complete with Snow White outfits and a chalkboard. It obviously doesn't need to make sense in order to be fun.

After I type this out, I plan to make something for dinner out of leftover noodles. Yummy. I sit thinking about the things I didn't do that I wanted to do today and the laundry both clean/wrinkled and wet/smelly/dirty.

I just read the about the memorial for Michael Jackson. It sounds like it was a great tribute for him, full of famous people, kind words and such.

If I were to die today, what kind of memorial would I have? I can pretty much guarantee there won't be anyone famous there. It would be filled with family and friends. That's good enough for me.

OK. Mommy Break is officially over. I really need to make dinner now and get the kids up to bath.

If any of you want to share your minutia of the day, feel free! That's why I like Facebook so much. It's so mundane yet interesting at the same time.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am having a hard time lately, that's all I know. I'm slightly worried that my depression is coming back. I want to get out of the house but then again I don't have any energy to do anything. It hasn't stopped me yet I've been staying busy (free movie, park, exercise, library....), but I'm never in the "mood" to do anything I just kind of have to force it. I don't know what's going on and it's really starting to frustrate me. I could really use some prayers.

Donna said...

Well...I took a pilates class this morning, then picked up the kids from programs (in the rain), and waited for our ride to arrive. Got to the cottage, made lunch for everyone except myself because I was interrupted by my father-in-law having a stroke at the table (right in front of the kids, by the way). Called 911 and tried to explain that we can't really ask him questions that he has to respond to bc he's basically deaf. He was taken by ambulance to a stroke center while my husband followed with Mom in the van. With the car seats and the stroller. So we were stranded in the cottage all afternoon, in the rain, while I tried to distract the kids from worrying about when Daddy was coming back. I made up a cool new game, though, which I may have to blog about if I have time! What's that saying..."necessity is the mother of invention?" ;-D

Maria said...

Wow. Life is so crazy sometimes. There's always something going on.

I don't want to sound trite so I'm just going to pray right now:

I lift Lindsay up in prayer. Lord, help her to find the source of her blues and help her to feel better soon.

I lift Donna and her family up in prayer. I pray that her father-in-law is OK from the stroke. I pray for the family to feel your peace while he is recuperating.

Girls, I love you! I'll be thinking of you....
:)