10. I was up way too late last night watching Doogie Houser, I mean, Neil Patrick Harris host the Emmy’s.
9. After reading Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University (Thanks, Lindsay!!), I am now on a limited cash based budget. I spent several hours today buying groceries, cleaning out refrigerator to make room for the groceries, and putting up the groceries.
8. My adorable, energetic ADD and SPD child is having a tough transition to our new home, town, and preschool. We currently have no effective way to discipline or motivate him. Redirecting, reasoning, bribing, threatening, bargaining, begging, and pleading are not working! 1-2-3 Magic is no longer magical, and my mom’s bag of tricks is empty.
7. Due to the stress of #8, I have been baking and eating everything imaginable: grape jelly, homemade rolls, pumpkin muffins and chocolate chip cookies.
6. After eating all of the baked goods from #7, I have now had to add 45 minutes of exercise to my daily routine so that my “fat pants” will still fit!
5. On Labor Day weekend, I fell off of a donkey. There is a video, but I cannot post it as I have sent it in to America’s Funniest Home Videos.
4. Last Thursday, I went with Alex on his preschool field trip. The trip included a lovely two-hour, round-trip school bus ride with 20 preschoolers to a pumpkin patch fully equipped with outdoor port-a-potties. For added fun, we played in a corn-filled pit and took a wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch.
3. Due to the combined effects of #5 and #4, on Friday, I spent the whole day on the couch. I couldn’t even crawl to the computer.
2. Over the weekend, I spent much time trying to make Facebook lists so I could email all of my friends and ask them to sponsor me in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure I am walking with my sister-in-law, only to find that Facebook emails can only add lists with 20 names or less at one time. Many of you have already sponsored us, but if you would like to sponsor either me, Alex or Charlie, you can click here: Louisville's Race for the Cure.
1. My highly reliable and always there for me, cable, phone and internet combo were out all afternoon. Seriously, CBS has all new episodes of How I Met Your Mother, CSI Miami, and Big Bang Theory - our new favorite. Do they want me to have a heart-attack?