I am probably not in the right frame of mind to be doing this today - I'm in a bit of a funk. First of all, the water in my house is brown. I'm no scientist, but I'm pretty sure water shouldn't be brown. This means that I will have to pick my son up from preschool without showering or fixing my hair, which looked like crap yesterday and did not improve with sleeping on it last night. There are some places in L-Dub that I don't mind going looking like this, but preschool ain't one of 'em. But these are trivial matters. The real reason I'm in a funk today is because of a phone call from last February that keeps running through my head. It was my mom's best friend calling to say that my dad had unexpectedly died of a heart attack. I'm not sure why those words are haunting me today ("Liz, I'm at the hospital with your mom...Your dad had a heart attack...And he died..."). Maybe because my mother is coming to visit tomorrow. Maybe because it's football season and that's one thing I could always connect with my dad over - college football. Maybe because I recently got a new car and that's another thing we connected over - cars. Maybe it's just because Satan hates me and wants me to have a crappy day...because he does. Or maybe God is trying to use this to show me that while losing my dad sucks, I am blessed beyond description. So, to end this post on a more positive note, I give you lyrics from one of my favorite bands, Between the Trees, "Time, love and Jesus seem to beat it." And a list of reasons why my life doesn't suck, despite situations that do:
1. Jesus has forgiven me for all my sins, and they are many.
2. My husband is awesome. He takes care of the boys, helps with housework, makes me laugh, works hard so that we can have things we need and nice things we don't need, and all without complaining. Oh, and he's a hottie, too:).
3. My children are healthy, happy, and lots of fun.
4. My husband and I are going to NYC for the weekend in November. Without the kids!
5. I have really good friends.
6. My husband's family lives here in town and helps tremendously with the boys.
7. I have a comfortable, safe, air conditioned, cute (although old) home.
8. I am healthy.
9. I get to be a stay-at-home mom.
10. Alabama is #2 and undefeated! Roll Tide!