...because we all have our motley moments!


Saturday, October 18, 2008

Excuses, Feeling Sorry for Myself...and a Warning


Ladies, I've got nothin' today. I'm sick. Little One's sick. Today was supposed to be her 2nd birthday party...The Very Hungry Caterpillar party. We just can't do it. The thought of her blowing snot on the cake as she blows out the candles is enough to make everyone wish they'd stayed home.

Besides that, she was up into the wee hours, completely wired and not herself at all. She was running from the front of the house to the back of the house, back and forth, back and forth. It was disturbing, to say the least (especially if you know how laid back she usually is). The cause: Children's Sudafed. It turned our calm, sweet girl into this frenzied streak. She woke up at 8:00 PM after going to bed at 6:45 completely exhausted. From 8:00 until about 11:00 PM, she ran back and forth, unable to relax or cuddle.

I'm not really sure when she finally went back to sleep. Paul stayed up with her, thank God. I was practically comatose from a long day of driving with my mom and sisters. We had my grandfather's memorial service yesterday at the National Cemetery in Bushnell (he was a veteran). By the time I got home last night, my voice was pretty much gone and my throat was killing me. I went right to bed and slept until Little One woke us all up at 6:00 AM when she ran out of her room and crashed into something in the living room. Nothing like being scared awake to get your adrenaline pumping.

So, we're off to a great start today. I hope your weekend is relaxing and fun. Try not to think of my misery. I wouldn't want my pain to mar your family fun.

Liz, now is probably a good time for me to start that list...I need to go find some paper....

5 comments:

Maria said...

Hey, I hope ya'll feel better soon!

Rachel said...

I'm sorry you guys are having such a rough time! Feel better soon!

Liz said...

Awwww. I will pray for you and Little One. I can't imagine her all wound up like that. Poor little girl.

Donna said...

Thanks, girls! The only thing worse than a sick child is dealing with a sick child while you are sick, too!

We did make it out for a bit today...hopefully tonight will be more restful for everyone. No sudafed before beddie-bye this time! I read the bottle this morning which clearly says "Non-Drowsy" on the label.

Karly said...

Sounds like you are right where I was a couple weeks ago--miserable! That stinks about the party. I can't believe she is two! What a big girl! Maybe you can have an un-birthday party at a later date?

I had a similar experience with K-Bear with Benedryl. He was crazy!! Scary isn't it?

Hope you feel better very soon!