...because we all have our motley moments!


Thursday, October 23, 2008

Writer's Block

I can't think of anything to write. Honestly. I am at a loss. We tried to start potty training this week, but it was such a disaster I can't write about it. I just can't. Ever since I started reading Rachel's blog I have wanted to do a list of 100 things about me you might not (want to) know. Don't worry - I won't do all 100 tonight - I'm not sure I can ever come up with 100. But here are the first 20:

1. I am a second degree black belt in tae kwon do.
2. I am an Apple/Mac snob. Seriously. I feel physical discomfort when I have to use Internet Explorer.
3. I have been to a New Kids on the Block concert.
4. I spent New Year's 2004 in Trafalgar Square with the rest of the UK. It was crowded. I did not like it.
5. I have seen Luke Perry's naked butt. I did like it :).
6. I am an only child.
7. I have a completely different set of morals while watching Alabama football. For instance, I can be heard saying things like, "Kill him! Make him bleed!", especially while watching the annual Alabama/Auburn game.
8. I have lived in 4 different states - Alabama, Tennessee, Montana, and Florida.
9. When I was a kid I was in a greased pig race and my parents made me ride in the trunk of the car on the way home because I was so muddy. They kept the lid open, at least.
10. I taught 9th and 10th grade English for 9 years before Ethan was born.
11. I don't have a gall bladder. I was born with one, it just had to be removed.
12. I was born in Alabama, ergo the college football fanaticism, tendency to say things like, "We can't go to Manny's! It'll be covered up!", and my son saying, "dawg" instead of "dog."
13. The day the final Harry Potter book was released, my husband and I sent our son to his aunt's house, bought 2 copies, and spent all day reading. We read so long we got sick, but we finished.
14. When I was 3, I could take apart and assemble an M-16. That's a Marine rifle, for those of you who are not firearm-savvy.
15. I have had the chicken pox twice.
16. I've already mentioned this in a comment on Bryssy's blog, but I eat M&M's in twos by color - brown, then yellow, then orange, red, blue, and I save the green ones for last. This is especially difficult in a movie theater, but I manage.
17. When I was in the 4th grade, I watched Star Wars every day after school. Consequently, I have seen Star Wars over 200 times.
18. I have an irrational fear of clowns.
19. My children were born within 3 days of being exactly 2 years apart. Did someone say "anniversary sex"?
20. By the way, I have a tendency to say inappropriate things.

5 comments:

Jason and Fawnda said...

I think I got you beat on Harry Potter... I went to the mid-night release party at Barns and Noble by myself waited an Hour and half to get my copy, came home and read until 3 in the morning, slept until 7 and got up to read some more! Worth every minute of it!


Fawnda

Rachel said...

I really don't understand the Mac thing--they make no sense to me! The first computer I ever used was an Apple (those little gray ones that had the tiny blackish-brown and white screens), but I have no idea what I'm doing now. I do have other friends like you, though, so apparently y'all see something that I don't...As for me, I'll stick with my PC.

OOOh, chicken pox twice? That's not fun.

I am very impressed and a little bothered by number 14...

Great list! Keep 'em coming!

Liz said...

Wow, Fawnda, you do have me beat on Harry Potter.
Rachel, my dad was way into guns and he was a Marine veteran. Plus, I think he thought it was funny.

Donna said...

Doesn't EVERY 3-year-old need to know how to assemble an M-16?

After our first child was born three days after Christmas (and we've had to actually buy and wrap more presents and eat more party food three days after Christmas every year since...plus New Year's right after that), I swore off any and all frolicking in the hay in that Feb./March danger zone...how's that for too much information?!!

Liz said...

Wow - no nookie for February and March? Paul must be thrilled ;).